Total Pageviews

Trial-Sized Tuesday's - Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

Wednesday 1 October 2014

On my quest to get through my ever increasing sample stash yesterday I tested Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I know this product has achieved cult status by make-up artists and beauty fanatics alike so I was really excited to try it and had high expectations for the results.

Beauty Flash Balm is said to be the ultimate pick-me-up for tried and dull skin, helping to eliminate fatigue resulting in a radiant complexion. Containing Olive and Witch Hazel reputed to help smooth the skins surface and Bisabolol to restore a youthful glow. Sounds too good to be true right?

Although this product has a balm like texture it is said to be suitable for normal, dry, combination and oily skin so with mine being combination/oily I thought it would be suitable for me, however after a few hours of wear my t-zone turned into an oil slick! Rather than rub the product in like a moisturiser you smooth a small amount over your skin and either wear alone or apply make-up directly over the top. The initial finish of my foundation over it looked dewy and my skin looked well rested, however like I said before after around 4/5 hours my t-zone was really, really oily (way beyond the help of powder) and by the time I got home from work my skin felt congested and I couldn't wait to wash my make-up off.

I really think this product would be suitable for dry/normal skin types...it certainly didn't bode well with my combination skin. Such a disappointing product for me as I know loads of people that have raved about it for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric