Total Pageviews

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Soft Ivory Swatch and Review

Friday 28 November 2014


After reading tons of blog posts and reviews on Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation a few weeks ago I decided to take the plunge and splurge my hard earned £34 on it and here's my thought's on it...


The foundation itself, as you can see, is housed in a handy tube and you get a generous 35ml of product. 


The colour guide on  the back of the tube doesn't completely match the shade of the product itself as some other ladies had said it did with their shade, I was expecting Soft Ivory to be a tad more yellow toned than it is, but it's not a bad match for my pale skin at this time of the year.


Ok, so onto the foundation itself. Now I have moderately blemished skin, not a constant flurry of acne but quite a few acne scars on my chin and jawline and the most appealing aspect of this foundation were the claims of being medium-full coverage, at best I would say this foundation is medium coverage and doesn't have the build-ability I had heard it does. As for the claims of 'blendable formula that glides on easily' I couldn't agree less, even using Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer and trying to apply the foundation with either my Beauty Blender, Buffing brush or fingers I still couldn't get an even finish. When I did get a satisfactory finish it only lasted for an hour or so, it certainly didn't live up to its claims of being 'long-wearing and a fresh look that lasts all day' after 3 hours the foundation separated and left my skin looking oily and blotchy.

I really wanted to love this foundation and I've tried everything I can to get a half decent finish but it just does not live up to my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and I feel absolutely gutted at parting with £34 for a foundation that will just lay in a drawer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric