Total Pageviews

Dupe Alert! Purse Friendly MAC Patisserie Alternative

Wednesday 29 July 2015



After finishing lunch at work last week I was rifling around in my bag for something to slick on my lips before going back to my desk, on my first reach in to my bag I pulled out two lipsticks and upon opening them to compare shades and much to my surprise I discovered that they are practically identical!

MAC Patisserie  is an old favourite for that my-lips-only-better look, the Lustre lipsticks are among my favourite lipsticks as they provide a fuss-free juicy wash of colour. Patisserie is just the most perfect rosy-brown shade which works with any look, be it natural or bolder. Anyway on to the fabulous dupe I have discovered...

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple of bits from the new Rimmel by Kate Nude Collection on a bit of a whim, I've not used a Rimmel lipstick in years but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! I favour the more natural looking makeup products for my daytime looks so a good nude is always welcome in my stash, I was drawn to shade 45 instantly as it reminded me of my favourite ever lipstick by MAC - Faux. On lips shade 45 is just like the lustre finish lipsticks in that it has a glossy sheen and a subtle amount of colour.



Comparing the two Patisserie leans ever so slightly more on the brown side and shade 45 more on the mauve side however they are very similar when wearing. At £5.49, a third of the cost of MAC's Patisserie you could throw this one on everyday and not need to worry about it running out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric